My guide to television addiction

As a television addict, my thoughts revolve around the latest plots and subplots of my favorite TV shows. Join me as I talk through my addiction. Warning: You just might get addicted too.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm a cheater.

I tried to stop it, but the attraction was too strong. I knew I shouldn't act on it but I couldn't help it. He knew what I liked and gave it to me with little ceremony. It was perfect and fuss free. Sure I feel dirty afterward but the gratification and pure pleasure I get from watching TV on the internet is too enticing and lovely. I can't help it. I'm weak. I'm sorry TV but we have to talk. I've cheated on you with the Internet and I know that's wrong on so many levels. I know I shouldn't watch TV on the internet because on most sites where you can watch TV on the internet the proper people aren't getting paid for what you are consuming. I know that the writer's strike of 2007-2008 happened because writers weren't getting the proper payment for their work especially their work that is displayed on the internet. That's why I feel dirty for consuming TV shows online. I know the writer's strike was resolved and the writers are being more fairly compensated for their works online, but I don't always watch on legitimate sites which means I'm not adding to their wallets. Which bums me out because as a wannabe writer I don't want to deprive anyone the fruits of their labor. But the internet makes it all so tempting. And easy. And wonderful.

So far I've watched several movies (I may be a cheater but at least I don't watch the stuff put online by the guys who smuggle video cameras into movie theaters and shoot while jamming popcorn in their mouths). I've watched several TV shows and that's where I've fallen in love. I started with "Big Love" which I liked but it was kind of a bummer to sit through at times especially when Bill Paxton goes on and on and whines and does predictable things. Then while I waited the requisite 54 minutes before I could watch some more (free, without joining whatever site I was on) I stumbled on to "Weeds". Now I'm high as a kite on "Weeds" and loving every minute of it. It's smart, well-acted and funny as hell. I smoked through season one and now I'm blazing through season 2 like a madwoman.

I'm sorry TV but the Internet offers so much. It offers all that you can but more immediately and with more of a selection. I know. It's terrible. I can't help it. I'm a dirty cheater and I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home